Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Sunday's Thought

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I go to church with regularity.  Contrary to the expression, I am religious but not spiritual.  Every ounce of effort I put into our church community is worth it.  In efforts to help those in need and to push for equality among all races, genders, ages, and sexual orientations, I have been able to experience the true gift that my church is on the community.  However, I am conflicted.  In no way do I believe in a God that is active in our lives.  I often debate the question whether it is moral for me to participate in an institution which is based on definite core values that I do not share.  For now I plan to continue my involvement in the church, if for no other reason but for the special connection I have made with members of the faith community.

I think longingly of the innocence of the main characters in "Moonrise Kingdom."  While we can never escape the knowledge we've taken in, I resolve to keep delving into the unknown.  Perhaps, once again, I can be innocent and ignorant, at least for a moment.

Dress rehearsals for Sondheim's "Into the Woods" start tomorrow.  It'll be fun to play through the entire show with the singers for a first time.  I'm look forward to it.  I am sad that I won't be able to see the show though, the disadvantages of playing in the pit.

My continued thoughts for those in Aurora.  I wish peace for all those involved.

A second installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment