Friday, July 27, 2012

What's Real

Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm performing Sondheim's "Into the Woods" tonight, well playing in the the pit for the show.  It a bit creepy, but definitely fun!  My fellow violinist and I make it good.  Although, I can't feel as connected with the show as I was with the musical "Bare," which I played in earlier in the summer.  There is just something about the reality of Bare that makes it so striking.  Our show is sold out though!

This week I've receive the great opportunity to work in a physics lab.  My professor has been really great!  He is pretty much leaving the project up to me.  It's dealing with 5nm gold nano-particles ligated with dodecathymine groups.  It moves under an electric field, but only when surface area is maximized.  The same result is not repeated with its bulk properties.  My job is to investigate this and find out as much as I can.  As a high school student, I'm currently a bit in over my head!  It should be an awesome experience though, and i'm confident I can get some good work done!

Olympics start today!  I hope for relative peace in the UK during the next few weeks!  I'll look forward to watching the games!  Whoo!

A third installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment